Tuesday 25 October 2011

Sepia Saturday 98 : Saturday 29 October 2011


It is time to jump on the bus : but where is the bus heading for? Well the final destination is the celebrations that will mark Sepia Saturday 100 which will be taking place on or around Saturday 12th November. In order to give everyone due notice for this momentous occasion I can now announce the theme for SS100 and it will be, of course, 100. As usual, you can interpret that in any way you like : photographs from 100 years ago, centenary photographs or, if you wish, you can republish your favourite Sepia Saturday post from the first 100. You have plenty of time to think about it, so save your centenary posts for the middle of November. For now, we have just got on the bus, so for Sepia Saturday 98 (on or around Saturday 29th October 2011) you can search the above image for potential themes. The image comes from the Photographic Archives of the Stockholm Transport Museum and has been made available by the ever-wonderful Flickr Commons. All aboard please, ding, ding.
SEPIA SATURDAY is a weekly meme which encourages bloggers to publish and share old images and photographs. All that is required is for contributors to post an old image (it doesn't have to be in sepia) and provide a few words in explanation. If you could provide a link back to the Sepia Saturday Blog and visit as many of the other contributors as you can, it would also be appreciated. There is no weekly theme, as such, but some people like to use the archive image published with the weekly call as a kind of theme. There is no requirement to adopt such an approach : the choice of image is entirely up to you. Once you have published your Sepia Saturday post, add a link to that post to the Linky List published each week and leave a comment to let everyone know you are joining in.

26 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh man, this Ozark Farm Chick is quite smitten with your beautiful header!!!! That is one fantastic sepia!!!

Funny, I've used sepia on a few of my older photos in my blog and have had people who 'fixed' 'em and emailed 'em back to me. Little did they know...I wanted 'em like that. Heeehehehhee!!!

From the foggy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a blessed and beautiful day!!! :o)

Bob Scotney said...

I've caught an early omnibus this week and had great fun along the way.

Unknown said...

I hope I have the correct fare this time, and don't have to make a change.

Postcardy said...

The bus is in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1932. Since "den britiske udstilling" means "British Exhibition" in Danish, the bus is probably heading for the exhibition.

I have a post about the Century of Progress Exposition and probably will have another for the "100" theme.

tony said...

'sorry For Blobbing Last Week! But, I Am Early This Week!

Brett Payne said...

Back to late Victorian times for cart, coach and carriage drivers, and a look at the day excursion for me.

Bruno Laliberté said...

It looks like I'm officially confused, being on sick leave, I've [unintentionally] scheduled everything 24hours ahead... so, since it's there now, you'll see I'm a themer, and than some!!... enjoy the ride!!
:)~
HUGZ

DougVernX said...

I've got a trolley for you this week.

Little Nell said...

Trams and trolleybuses feature as I take a bus ride down memory lane.

Linda said...

My bus makes stops in Queens and takes me back to being young and in NYC.

Christine H. said...

oops, I seem to have missed the bus. I posted the wrong link on the first one, but caught the next bus successfully.

DougVernX said...

If anyone is having trouble leaving a comment on my blog could you please let me know at my email? dvp8196@gmail.com There have been some bugs in the commenting system of the new dynamic blogger interface that I have been trying. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

No busses here but cars, cars, and more cars!

Kathy Reed said...

My friend, Liz, at Attics and Old Lace finally convinced me to take the plunge and post as part of this meme. The topic grabbed me because I've done posts on streetcars in Cincinnati before as my grandfather was a foreman in a "car barn".

Howard said...

a repost from me, but on-topic

Liz Stratton said...

Cincinnati streetcars and a somewhat sad post with a happy diversion at the end.

It never ceases to amaze where the photo prompt might lead ....

Alan Burnett said...

It is a slow start for me this morning. The charabanc stopped at the pub last night and left me a little worse for ware.

Jinksy said...

I've extended my Friday post this morning, as I found I could include your Sepia Saturday subject with a bit of editing! *smiles*

Unknown said...

Not much experience with public transportation but the one I posted is real. Yours is quite interesting.
QMM

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I didn't think I'd be a themer this week, but I managed!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I finally caught the theme- I always seem to be off a step!

Mike Brubaker said...

I'm way off theme, as bus and trams don't turn up much in my collection. But if mustaches were the theme I would have it pegged.

RJ Clarken said...

Probably I went off-track a bit once again, but I just never know where the 'Muse-Bus' might take me. ☼

Thanks for the terrific prompts!

Anjum Wasim Dar said...

Travel means were buses and trains,later came the cars,but trams were used only in the city of Karachi.What I discovered in old photographs I will present.Great inspiring photo

Kristin said...

My grandparents marriage in October 1910 with a trolley tie in in Indianapolis, IN.

Hilary said...

Hi Alan .. I must come and have a good scout around .. I'm way behind .. this looks a fun selection .. and a good reminder of life in those days .. glad I can comment too - cheers Hilary