Tuesday 29 September 2015

Sepia Saturday 299 : 3 October 2015


If ever there was a man in need of some Wampole's Preparation it is me. Sickly, nauseous, aching, tired and bad-tempered perfectly describes my condition the morning after a late night at my local - just the kind of condition that Wampole's Preparation was designed for. A couple of spoonfuls and I am ready to face life again; ready to trawl through my boxes of old photographs, ready to put together my Sepia Saturday post. And if you too have been revived by a spoon or two of Wampole's you too can post your post on or around Saturday 3 October 2015 and link it to the list below.

There has been much debate within the splendid Sepia Saturday Facebook Group about the advantages of having more notice about forthcoming themes. I could write a book about the history of themes on Sepia Saturday - indeed I have done so and "A Short Treatise On the Development Of Verbal and Imaginary Themes Within The Context Of A Web-Based Multinational Community" is available from Amazon.com - and I recognise that there is a powerful argument for providing Sepians with an idea of what is around the next few Sepia corners. The thing which has made me reluctant to do this in the past has been little less than pure laziness, but now that my fellow administrative guru Marilyn has put together a list of theme images for the rest of the year I can do this and claim all the kudos myself. You will notice that these are theme images rather than named themes - it is up to you to search for connections in the images themselves. If you like the idea it was, of course, mine: if not, it is Marilyn's silly idea. So here is what awaits you for the rest of the year:












Now you are beginning to wish you hadn't have asked aren't you. Well don't come running to me with a headache from looking at too many theme images. Just go for an afternoon nap after drinking a glass or two of Wampole's.







12 comments:

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

If there had been a "tonic" for gangrene my whole family story might be very different.

Barbara said...

Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases ....

Jofeath said...

A weird and wonderful concoction with a probable family connection caught my eye in time for this week's prompt, just as I was starting to despair of finding anything relevant whatsoever!

Postcardy said...

I have advertising for a cereal that was supposed to make a child healthy, smart, etc.

Anonymous said...

Using the word cut-outs to connect me to a version of Alice in Wonderland,

Wendy said...

What is missing in a photo

Boobook said...

Laughter is the best medicine.

La Nightingail said...

Some of the vintage health advertisements using children are pretty scary! Or downright repulsive by today's standards.

Mike Brubaker said...

I offer a short lesson on the mandolin and my North Carolina connection to patent medicine.

Tattered and Lost said...

No coughing or sneezing here. Nothing but playtime and joy courtesy of some old advertising premiums over 100 years old.

Kristin said...

No medicines in my photos, so a photo of an unidentified mother and her baby in a long white gown.

Alan Burnett said...

Now that I know a little more about Wampole's - I understand a lot.